Would you like to review products for Amazon? Here's our short guide to becoming an Amazon product tester.
October 25, 2022
Have you ever considered becoming a product tester for Amazon? If you love to shop and you write well, this could be a fun endeavor for you. Here's how to become an Amazon FBA product tester - the right way!
Test Products For Amazon FBA: Everything You Need To Know
There are a few ways you can begin reviewing products on Amazon - but first, it is essential to understand Amazon's policies.
Amazon has been cracking down on fake reviews for the past few years. This means that reviews that have been purchased (either with free or discounted products, customers coupon codes, giveaway service, rebates, or other means of compensation) are not allowed. Amazon has been removing reviews and getting stricter on its zero-tolerance policy.
Honest Reviews Keep Amazon Alive
We build Amazon stores - which means we are highly invested in the platform itself. Amazon (and any storefront) functions best when buyers can rely on their fellow consumers to provide honest, comprehensive reviews that inform their purchasing decisions.
If you are interested in becoming a product tester, you must understand the value of doing so honestly. There are ways that Amazon sellers have found to get around Amazon's restrictions and offer incentives in exchange for free reviews.
You can take advantage of these platforms or use Amazon's official review program - but either way, you should remain committed to including honest feedback (even if it costs you future incentives from third-party groups).
Why do we caution you about this? Because we all benefit the most from Amazon when it's free from spammy reviews and fake buyers. So please, do the Amazon world a favor and provide genuine feedback.
How Can I Be A Legitimate Amazon Product Tester?
Amazon decides who to invite to this program based on which users provide the most helpful reviews. This is determined by evaluating the frequency of reviews, the type of products reviewed, the comprehensive nature of reviews, and how many upvotes your reviews receive.
Any Amazon Vine reviews are marked as such. Since Amazon is the one orchestrating everything, there is no direct relationship between the reviewer and the brand. This is a great way to ensure transparency.
All products that you receive through the Amazon Vine program are free items.
So how do you get invited to participate? You must become a top reviewer on Amazon.
Tips To Receive an Amazon Vine Invite
The only way to get an invite to participate in the Amazon Vine program is to start leaving reviews. Here are a few tips to get started!
- Review every purchase. The odds are that you already buy a lot from Amazon. Stop waiting for free stuff and just start leaving reviews, even for simple purchases.
- Be concise when possible. You don't need to write an essay for every review. When there isn't much to say, keep it simple and concise.
- Be descriptive when necessary. On the other hand, certain products require more comprehensive feedback. This is especially true of larger purchases.
- List pros and cons. A surefire way to write a great review is to include a bullet point list of pros and cons for the item. Other buyers find these helpful and are likely to upvote these reviews!
- Provide photos and videos. Take an unboxing video and include pictures of the product in use. Make sure to include your size if you are reviewing something in the apparel department.
- Be specific. Tell shoppers precisely what you liked or didn't like about the item (this is where the pros and cons list can come in handy). Don’t leave generic reviews like “it was a nice product” or “I enjoyed my purchase.”
- Review with buyers in mind. You are not trying to flatter the brand - you are trying to inform the next buyer. Consider any questions you may have had before buying this item and answer them in your review.
- Purchase and review new releases and top products. Another way to catch Amazon's attention is to check out the new release section of Amazon and purchase products there to leave reviews. You're likely to get upvotes here since there won't be many reviews. You should also review top products.
- Pick a niche. You may want to become a trusted reviewer for one particular niche. Consider mindfully purchasing and reviewing new and/or popular products in one niche to do well here.
Amazon will typically only invite people to the Vine program with at least 100 reviews. So your best shot at getting an invite is to start reviewing now and start reviewing well. Then - wait for an invite!
Other Ways To Become An Amazon Product Tester
There are no other official ways to test products for Amazon. There are, however, ways to test products for free outside of Amazon's platforms. We do not recommend using these methods, but they do exist.
- Scouring Facebook Groups, Pages, and Ads for companies seeking reviews. Typically, these brands will offer a PayPal rebate or free and discounted products in exchange for your review. The downside is that many customers are simply in it for the positive review, which results in spammy Amazon feedback.
- Visiting coupon websites. Amazon review sites like Vipon or Home Product Testing offer you discounts in exchange for your feedback. However, they do take your information and can be a bit spammy.
- Become an influencer. This is easier said than done. With so many voices online, it's hard to gain a following without putting in a ton of work. But if you do manage to get a few thousand dedicated followers and you have a niche, brands may approach you and offer you free products in exchange for your endorsement or review.
Honestly, your best bet is to avoid these alternative methods and start boosting your reviewer stats on Amazon. If you put in the work to leave excellent reviews, you may get invited to join Vine. It's reliable, and 100% Amazon compliant, and you don't have to worry about spammy or sketchy websites or brands contacting you.
There are a few ways to become an Amazon product tester. The most reliable and efficient way is to join the Vine program. This is an invite-only platform run by Amazon that allows approved reviewers to test products for free in exchange for their feedback. Start becoming a reliable reviewer now, and you can receive an invite to participate in the Vine Customer Review program!
Julia Grant is a copywriter specializing in e-commerce and small business, helping businesses expand their reach with copy that clearly communicates their message and converts. She is a certified translator and interpreter and prides herself on providing culturally relevant content in both English and Spanish.See more posts from this author